Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 1: Successfully Raw!

Day one has been a success, at least so far. Now I just need to go to bed before I get the munchies. I am definatly not hungry right now, but I can see myself being drawn to the allure of something crunchy and salty if I'm not careful, and no, I'm not talking about celery. I had a great deal of digestive upset this morning, which supprised me as I am not new to green smoothies or large amounts of fiber. I've been doing that for months and it hasn't bothered me since the first few days of green smoothie madness. I owe part of my success to the fact that we were out of the house for much of today, thus limiting my ability to snack on the no-no's. We went to Costco and Whole Foods to pick up some staples, and I got some Clif bars for the kids and a Raw Revolution bar for myself for lunch. It was actually pretty good, although I'm sure I can make something similar at home for a lot less than $1.99. It was only as I was entering the nutrition information that I came across the information that the bar was only 90% raw. Well, you win some and you loose some, I'm still counting today as a success.

This morning's weigh-in: 146.0

Breakfast: Green smoothie consisting of Swiss Chard, Banana, pear, and grapes - 295 calories

Lunch: Raw Revolution bar and a young coconut meat and water - 466 calories

Snack: Green Smoothie with Spinach, Banana, Pear, and Grapes - 296 calories

Dinner: Salad of Romaine with homemade sesame-ginger dressing - 173 calories

Totals:
Calories - 1230 kC
Carbs - 253 g
Fat - 38 g
Protein - 28 g
Fiber - 34 g

Carbs = 69.1%, Fat = 23.3%, Protein = 7.6%

This is a lot less protein than I'm used to getting. I wonder if that has something to do with the headache I had this afternoon. The calorie count is right where I'm supposed to be for the weight loss I want. I understand that I should be able to eat more calories and still lose weight if I'm eating raw, but if I feel full on this number, I'll stick with it. I am now sipping a cup of tea with raw milk and raw honey. That probably adds a few more calories, but I'm not going to count them ;) After this cup of tea I'm switching to water for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment