Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day 2

Almost successful. Man the afternoons have always been my downfall. Something about the hours between 2 and 5 leave me wanting something crunchy and salty and snacky. I had a couple of rice cake snacks (the little bite sized ones) while the boys were snacking. I also find myself wanting to grab a bite off of their plates as I'm making their lunch as I usually do. I stopped myself twice today with a bite half way to my mouth and reminded myself that it's not allowed today. But overall today went well. I'll try to be out of the house more tomorrow, and that should help. I don't get the munchies the same way when I'm not home. I did feel pretty good today, plenty of energy, and only a few minutes of sleepyness right after I had a snack. I tried my first batch of flax crackers today in the oven. That is really difficult to keep at the right temp. The warm setting is about 150, so I found myself constantly turning the oven on and off and opening the door to let it cool down and shutting the door to get it to warm back up. Also my crackers are sticking to the wax paper. I just found a great deal on a really nice dehydrator on Craigslist, so I should be able to pick it up tomorrow and I'll maybe try another batch of crackers. I think they might help with the afternoon munchies. I also want to try making some raw energy type bars for on the go.

Morning weigh-in: 145 lbs. Down 1 lb from yesterday. Yay! Total lost = 1 lb.

Breakfast: Green Smoothie with banana, clementines, grapes, dandelion greens and spinach; 373 calories

Lunch: Young Coconut meat and water, romaine salad with homemade sesame ginger dressing, glass of raw milk; 491 calories

Snack: Small apple, pecans, two dates, bite of Dagoba dark chocolate; 329 calories

Dinner: Romaine salad with sesame ginger dressing, Green smoothie with spinach, banana, and clementines; 344 calories

Girls Night Out: 1 glass of organic Pino Noir, I have no idea on the calorie count for this, but I've read that wine does count as raw, but distilled spirits do not.

Totals:
Calories - 1538 kC
Carbs - 269 g
Fat - 55 g
Protein - 31 g
Fiber - 38 g

Carbs = 63.3%, Fat = 29.4%, Protein = 7.3%

I'm not trying to 80/10/10 this diet, although I've read some good things about that ratio. I am trying not to over do the nuts and avocados though, as those add a lot of fat and calories really quickly. I also didn't count the calories from my snack time slip up today, as those were eaten before I knew what I was doing and I don't even remember exactly how many I had. I think it was four. Maybe Five. And one of them was only a half. So there.

I'm encouraged. Hopefully my flax crackers will come out well, except that I have no idea how to log those on Sparkpeople. I may have to sit down with a calculator and do some figureing. A glass of water and then to bed with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment