Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my 30 day raw challenge. I've been trying to eat more raw foods for a while now, but without a firm commitment I find myself slipping up in the afternoons, and then calling the day a waste and eating what ever I want for dinner. I find old habits and vices sneaking back in easily (soda, candy, chips). I want to feel good and have energy for my kids. I want to get my weight back down and prepare my body for another pregnancy. I believe all of the good things about a raw diet, and it's time I fully experienced them for myself. For the next 30 days, I intend to eat 100% raw foods. I will include some raw dairy, as I don't have trouble with dairy and believe in the health benifits of raw milk from an organic grass fed cow. I also don't plan to be a stickler when it comes to condiments like soy sauce. I will also make good use of raw honey and pure maple syrup. Ok so maybe that comes out to more like 99% raw. Good enough for me. I'll track my daily weigh-ins, meals, calories, and nutrients on SparkPeople.com, and record them here. This log is mostly for myself, but feel free to follow along, draw some encourgement, and encourage me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment