Friday, March 20, 2009

Well, that didn't last long

I was (more or less) successfully raw for a grand total of 4 days. And when it ended it ended big time. Did I slip up with a dish of steamed veggies? A salad with a little chicken breast added? No, it was nothing so virtuous as any of that. I slipped up on amaretto sours and potato skins with bacon and cheese and a side of buffalo wings with ranch dressing at T.G.I. Fridays. I am still drinking a huge green smoothie for breakfast. And trying to make good choices, but damn it's hard. I think I will try again when the farmers markets open this spring. I did have good energy while eating this way, but damn those cravings. If anyone reading this has any insight to making it past those nasty cravings please share your secret (and don't say will power, as it's obvious I'm severly lacking in that area of self development). I think that's it for now. I'll revisit when the weather is warmer.

1 comment:

  1. this is how ive always thought of cravings- it just means your body needs the nutrients that you would get from the food you are craving. So perhaps you could identify those nutrients when you have a craving & then eat a raw food that will give you those and see if your craving passes.

    of course the most cravings i always get consist of junk food- like MSG calling to me say MMMMMMMMMM EAT ME-

    ReplyDelete